Monday, January 10, 2011

Ten Minutes is a Lifetime!

Noooooooooooo!

BT are upgrading their network in my area on the 12th January 2011. That's the day after tomorrow! During this time I will lose my broadband and phone connection for up to ten minutes.

Ten whole minutes without the Internet. My life is over!

OK. I can understand upgrading my broadband may be beneficial but, why do they have to turn off my Internet to do it? More to the point, why couldn't they do it whilst I am sleeping?

What am I going to do without any Internet connection for ten whole minutes?

'More work,' I hear you say.

But, that is beside the point! And to make it worse they go on to say:

'For the first ten days or so after your upgrade, your broadband might slow down or even stop now and again. That's normal and your speed will soon settle down.'
What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't sound good. That's an infinite amount of minutes without my broadband.

The only consolation is they suggest I can help by using my Broadband as much as possible during these first ten days. Obviously, that means I have to go on Facebook more often.

Oh dear, the things I have to do to help people.

No comments: