Monday, January 24, 2011

An Interview with Anita Loughrey

Doesn't that sound cool! Yes, I did a real interview and it's on the World Wide Web for everyone to read.

I've never been interviewed before. It was rather fun and made me realise what I put other authors through when I interview them for my column in Writers' Forum. LOL!

You can read the interview on Tracy Ann Baines' fantastic blog: Tall Tales and Short Stories. Tracy interviews loads and loads of famous writers who have won millions of prestigous awards. It feels kind of grand to have my name included with them.

The timetabling idea started after I did Simon Whaley's fantastic time-management course at the Caerleon Writers' Holiday. It was all about how to be a productive writer. It must be working because I wrote 17 books last year. Thank you Simon.

Anyway, here is the link to the interview: Writing Non-Fiction for Children: An Interview with Anita Loughrey.

2 comments:

Lynne Hackles said...

Talk about a split personality. You come over as disorganised and scatty (like me you are too scatty to go batty) and then you work so hard. You certainly hid your light under a bushel. Isn't it time you bragged a bit?
I really enjoyed reading the interview. It felt like I'd been let in on the secret Anita.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Haha! I am disorganised and scatty. That is why I have to write it down. If it is not written down - it is forgotten. I appreciate people emailing or texting me and saying, 'You have to do this today.'

I pay them in spaghetti hoops. :)