Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Happy New Year


A Happy New Year everyone. I hope your 2011 has started well.

I told myself I will start the year as I plan to go on.  But, then I started sniffling and coughing - my throat is sore, my head is pounding and my neck aches. My chest hurts when I breath, which probably means I need to take my inhaler and I am running out of tissues. My nose is all peely (is that a word?) and my lips are cracked. Moan! Moan! Moan! Did I mention the headache?

So I have decided, I don't want my year to continue the way it has started after all. Hopefully, things will only get better. But, I may be going for the best 'Drama Queen' Oscar. Can I ham it up anymore? Yes, I think I can! Cough! Cough! Cough!

However, there's something I've been meaning to tell you all, which I hadn't got around to yet. I wanted to tell you about...

...the great new book by Jane Wenham-Jones. It's called Wannabe A Writer We've Heard Of? and is the sequel to Wannabe a Writer?
The blurb on the back of the book says it is,

'An essential read for every author, whether established or debut, self-published or still dreaming of limelight.'

That's me - still dreaming of the limelight - the day I have my own book launch that is not just a virtual one. OK! Time to stop day-dreaming and finish blogging.

Quite frankly, I think it's brilliant and not only because there's a photograph of me in it. I won't tell you what page I'm on. You'll have to buy the book to find out.J

It is all about what happens after your book is accepted to be published - the countdown, publicity, networking and using the Internet to market yourself. There are words of wisdom not only from Jane but, also from a whole range of famous writers, literary agents and publishers. It is full of common sense and I'm pleased I bought myself a copy. I must remember to take it with me to Caerleon in July to get it signed.

6 comments:

Simon Whaley said...

You forget to mention the pictures of you in Jane's book!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

LOL! Mentioned :)

Julie P said...

I hope you feel better soon and can get on with your writing dreams.

Captain Black said...

Don't forget there's a marvellous new web site to go with Jane's new book, even if I say it myself.

I hope your ailments go away very soon. Maybe see you at Caerleon this year.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks Kevin :)
I like the website and hope to see you again at Caerleon.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks Julie :)
You are very kind xx