Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Vern and Lettuce

Last Thursday, I went to Sarah McIntyre's launch party for Vern and Lettuce. Sarah is one of my favourite all-time illustrators. I am totally in awe of how she manages to blog every single day.

This is the first book she has illustrated and written herself. Here she is signing her book. I love the way she always draws a fab cartoon to go with her signature. She has also done the illustrations for You Can't Eat a Princess! , Morris the Mankiest Monster and When Titus Took the Train . Aren't her illustrations just brilliant?

Vern and Lettuce is one of the six fantastic comic books in the DFC Library. If you are looking for ideas to add to your Christmas shopping list, I reckon these graphic adventure books are ideal stocking fillers.

It was a brilliant event with lots of famous writers and illustrators there. I think the best bit for me was getting to meet the lovely Sally Nicholls, who wrote Ways to Live Forever and Season of Secrets.

I also got a chance to start knitting my very own sheep thanks to Stitch London who supplied knitting needles and wool especially for Sarah's launch. I didn't get to finish my knitting at the party, as I found it a little difficult to concentrate after a few glasses of red wine.. oh yes and the champagne. So, I took my knitting home. In fact, I got a bit carried away with the sheep knitting and the next day, I made myself a little herd.

2 comments:

Lynne Hackles said...

If the sheep in Wales had looked like that I might have enjoyed living there more. Can I have adopt one?
You do get about.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

LOL! I have been to a lot of book launches this month. I have so many SCBWI friends that have been published this year. It is a great organisation to belong to. :)