Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A Writer Needs a Holiday

It is hard to believe that last week I was at the Caerleon Writers Holiday. Time has gone by so fast. Whilst I was there I managed to complete half of Book Three of my ICT teaching resource for Hopscotch Educational. I had set this as my target and as I reached my target I was allowed to have my reward.

Well, my reward was going to see the Dr Who Exhibition at Cardiff Bay. So on the Wednesday afternoon me and my wonderful friend Mel, took the opportunity to go on the tour to Cardiff and caught the Number 6 bendy bus to the Red Dragon Centre.  In the words of my eleven year old son...

IT WAS AWESOME!!!




I had the most amazing time. Mel and I went from exhibit to exhibit like big kids. OK! I was the big kid! I think maybe Mel turned into my mother at one point. LOL! I only wanted my picture taken with a Cyberman! Although, we did meet a very nice man, who looked just as excited as us, who kindly offered to take our photograph.

The second half of the week, I did Simon Whaley's Positively Productive Writer series of workshops and I must say I learnt a lot. I realised that maybe if I achieved my goal by half way through the week, the goal was probably too easy and I should have given myself something that was a little more challenging. But then - I was on holiday. I am going to spend a bit of time though analysing my long term and short term goals. Oh yes, and I must remember to stay positive and Simon gave us some brilliant ideas on how to do this.  Have a look at the video and you can see for yourself. Thanks Simon. ☺


On the whole, I had an excellent week and I have all ready booked to go again next year.

4 comments:

Simon Whaley said...

Oh ... who's that well-behaved woman at the back of my class? Oh, of course! It's Anita!

Thanks for taking part in the workshops. Hope the time audit sheet is working!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thank you Simon :)

Captain Black said...

I'm a bit gutted that I didn't go this year. It looks like I missed a good one.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

It was great fun. I think the best thing about Caerleon is the informal atmosphere. I hope to see you there next year Kevin.