Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Back!

What happened to all the sunshine? In Cyprus we were having a heatwave. Temperatures were over 40˚C. I come home and have to swap air con for central heating. It is hard to believe it is still August. I am missing the pool all ready. I had a wonderful time and even took a ride on the Super Sofa.

As I am half Cypriot, going on holiday to Cyprus is a real family event. This is a picture of my daughter, mum, dad and sister at the beach; not Fireman's Beach mind. You know, I never even saw one fireman. I suppose they were all busy putting out fires caused by the heatwave. Maybe, I should have let them know in advance I was going to be there.


And this is the resident praying mantis at the villa. I think it liked sunbathing by the pool.


I spent a lot of time in the pool, as it was so hot. Oh OK, yes... I am guilty of sitting by the pool with my notepad and pencil. And yeah... I may have snuck off to the nearest Internet Bar to satisfy my Facebook craving a few times. So, all in all, I had a really relaxing time.

The problem with going on holiday, is when you get back there are so many emails to trawl through. I had lots of lovely messages from my friends saying Happy Birthday. Thank you. They bought a smile to my face. :)

Also, in my inbox was a message from The Society of Authors about the Public Lending Right petition, explaining cuts in public expenditure may include reducing funding for PLR. It urges all writers to sign the petition to show how much PLR is valued, particularly by those whose books are sold direct to libraries, like mine. If you have not had a chance to sign the petition, or want to find out more about it, you can do so by following this link: www.alcs.co.uk/petition

3 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

wonderful!

Lynne Hackles said...

The sun here is waiting for Vanfest.
Nice to have you back. See you soon.
The word verification is a good one - puddlis. That should be an e not an i after all the rain we've had.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

I am really looking forward to seeing you again Lynne and going to Vanfest. Can't wait to see all those VW's. My word verification was cropsies. Is that some form of clothing?