Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda

Take a look at Sarwat's new trailer for the film of his book. It looks amazing.



I interviewed Sarwat about the research for Devil's Kiss and the sequel The Dark Goddess for my column in Writers' Forum. The interview can be read in the June 2009 issue, the month Sarwat's debut novel, Devil's Kiss, was released.

In fact, I was lucky enough to receive a proof copy and was blown away not only by his excellent writing style but the story really drew me in. I love the links to the Arthurian and The Knights Templar legends. As most of you know, I am a bit of a King Arthur nerd and thought it was very clever the way Sarwat had used characters names from the legends for his own purposes. Some of his ideas challenged my own impressions of the legends and Arthurian Romances, but in a way it made the story even more intriguing for me.

Anyway, if you read nothing else this year, I recommend you read Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda.

No comments: