Friday, February 13, 2009

Sue Eve's Book Launch


On Thursday 5th of February, I went to my friend, Sue Eve's, book launch. She has written a fantastic picture book called: The Quiet Woman and the Noisy Dog. It is about a very noisy dog and his quiet owner. There are lots of great sounds and repetition to stimulate young children.

This is Sue's second picture book. She also wrote and did her own illustrations for Hic, a story about a rather hungry cow looking for adventure.





It was a fantastic evening held at the wonderful Illustration Cupboard, in central London, just off the Piccadilly Road. There was wine and snacks and we were surrounded by the gorgeous illustrations of many famous picture book illustrators. If you visit the Illustration Cupboard, you will be able to buy a copy of the first edition of The Quiet Woman And The Noisy Dog, because Sue has signed and left a few extra copies.

The illustrations for Sue's latest book were drawn by Ailie Busby. Three of the pictures were kindly lent to the Illustration cupboard for the event. I personally love the bold colours and the beautiful vivid greens Ailie has used.

On Saturday 14th February, Sue is going to be doing her first public book signing at Wimbledon Books and Music in South London. She will be reading The Quiet Woman and the Noisy Dog and introducing her new puppet dog. She will also be revealing the name she has picked from the list suggested by a local Berkshire school.

Find out more about Sue Eves on her website: www.sueeves.com.


And finally... a big Happy Birthday to Tony.


8 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

fantastic! i was so sorry to miss it. looks like a great turnout - nice to see familiar faces.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

It was a wonderful evening and the book is beautiful. I keep stroking the cover. It is just lovely to hold and my children enjoyed hearing it being read to them the other night.

Sue Eves said...

Thanks Anita and great slide show - what a splendid night - I'm glad I was able to share it with my SCBWI friends.

Jude said...

Wish I could have been there!! Looks like it was great

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

It was amazing

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

Aw, wish I could have been there! Sounds like it was a great success. Well done to Sue!

Jackie Marchant said...

Couldn't you have warned me that my mouth was wide open?

It was a lovely evening, and my mouth was shut for most of it. . .

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Haha! To tell the truth Jackie, I didn't even notice. But, my camera has such a delay on it, you probably got fed up of smiling by the time it took the picture.