Friday, September 19, 2008

Anita the Columnist

Did I tell you I am now officially a regular writer for the national writing magazine Writers' Forum?

Yes, I have my very own column - every month.

It's all about writers and their research. You all know how much I love to do research and often spend hours surfing the net looking for relevant info... yes, that is what I'm doing... not playing on Facebook or MySpace at all.

Well, now I get to interview top authors and ask them to share their research methods and experiences and any hot tips they may have to help other writers. It's so cool.

Well, go buy a copy and see for yourself, or better still why not take out a subscription at: www.writers-forum.com. Then you'll never miss an issue and always be able to read my column. Yeah!

14 comments:

Sue Hyams said...

Anita,

That's briliant. I will instantly susbscribe!

Sue

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thank you for your support Sue.

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

Oh wow! That's brilliant, Anita. Well done!

Will subscribe as soon as I'm over there :-)

Gottawrite Girl said...

Anita, how cool! My dream has always been to man a column! How did this come to pass, can you fill us in?

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Nicky,
When are you planning to move over here?
I can't wait to see you again.
Anita

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Susan,

I have been writing for WF for a while and one day I had a problem with one of the author interviews that he had agreed to my proposal about, so had to contact him to let him know it was not going to happen.

Well the emails flew back and forth and I kind of mentioned my idea for the column in passing and he liked it. He told me to write down my pitch and send it in. I did that and now I have a column which hopefully will run and run.

So if you know of any authors who want some free publicity let me know.

All the best,
Anita

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

I'm hoping by the end of March 09, though the UK's economic woes are beginning to worry me - still, it's no different anywhere else, I guess.
Would be totally cool to see you again - just think of the trouble you, Bekki and I could get up to! ;-)
xxx

Lis said...

Wow! wow!! That is Brill! Well done xx Lis x

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hey Nicky,
It will be so cool. You just got to make sure you move to somewhere near us now.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Lis,
I know... I'm still excited about it. all I got to do now is a good job.

Jon M said...

Super cool! I'll have to investigate! The book you recommended a while back, 'writing from Life' was great! Thanks!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

I glad to hear you liked the book Jon. And please do take a look at WF and let me know what you think of the series.

Jude said...

Great news Anita!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks Jude