Saturday, June 14, 2008

Glitterwings Book Launch


On Thursday 12th June, I went to Lee Weatherley's book launch at Audleys Wood Hotel in Basingstoke. She was launching her new Glitterwings series, published by Bloomsbury. Everybody who attended had to wear fairy wings.

Here is Sarwat Chadda looking really glam in my fairy wings.

Here is me. Notice how my wings match my tee-shirt.

I had a great time and even managed to get a few more authors to agree to be interviewed. I know I was supposed to be enjoying myself and not working but... I just couldn't help myself.

6 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

OMG i think that picture of sarwat should go down in the history books! wish i was there. any pictures of fiona?

Jon M said...

How I wish I'd been there! Although Sarwat does look a bit scary there!

SarwatC said...

Hmm...this explains a lot about the strange comments I've been receiving lately.

Anita, the money is being transfered into your Swiss bank account. I trust these photos will shortly disappear. (Note to self: Next time someone points a camera, suck in stomach!).

Wilf said...

Super wings, Anita and my goodness! They go with your t-shirt!
A

Jude said...

I love the wings... wish I had more time so I could attend all these yummy events :-(

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Sorry Candy,
There were no pictures of Fiona. But, I bet fiona is pleased about that.

Jon, I had a really good time.

Sarwat,
My incrediable lack of blogging has meant the picture has gone away a lot slower than it shopuld have done. I apologise.

Addy,
The fact the wings matched my tee-shirt was actually a bit of a coincidence. But, I was very pleased they did.

Jude,
I would love to see you at more of these events. Are you going to Winchester this year?