Friday, March 07, 2008

Yesterday



Hi,

Yesterday, I went into London to the first of this year's SCBWI Professional Events. It was great meeting up with everyone again. I had a wonderful time. We listened to Jude Evans from Little Tiger Press talk about writing picture books. I will write this up for my blog soon.

Last Thursday I also went into London. See I do get out sometimes. I went to Leila Rasheed's book launch at Waterstones in Piccadilly. Her first book Chips, Beans and Limousines has just been published by Usborne. The main protagonist, Bathsheba Clarice de Trop, also has her own webpage.

Whilst I was there, I met up with my friends Sue Eves and Jackie Marchant. After the book launch had a very lovely Chinese meal in China Town.

I was also very pleased to find other blogs had been linking to the interviews I did of the speakers who will be attending the Bologna SCBWI conference at the end of this month. J. L. BELL, a writer and reader of fantasy literature for children, mentioned the very amusing Emmanuel Guibert interview and Sara Lewis Holmes mentioned how much she enjoyed the Leonard Marcus interview Both now appear on Cynthia Leitich Smith’s blog, Cynsations. You can read Candy Gourlay’s interview there too.

Talk about being plastered on the web. I’m loving it!

Keep smiling everyone.
Love Anita xxx

5 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

but you don't look at all plasteredin that photo, anita!

great to see you yesterday!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

I never touched a drop... honest!

Candy Gourlay said...

and happy world book day!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thx

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the mention! It was such a nice day :)
Leila