Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I do not set myself New Year Resolutions, as I do not like to fail! But, this year I have set myself some targets I would like to adhere to.

Ah, I hear you say that is the same thing. But, it is not quite! So rather than quibble over words, I will quickly move on and tell you a little about my targets...

  1. To give up alcohol for the whole of January. However, this does not include chocolate liquers as I got quite a few boxes of them for Xmas and I do not want them to go off. Also, it is very rude not to eat chocolates if your friends and family have spent their hard earned cash on them - so I have an obligation to eat them.
  2. To break into the children's fiction market. I had a lot of success last year with my teacher resources and children's non-fiction. Actually, I even had a few children's poems published too in a couple of anthologys and I am not so hot at poetry. But, now I would like to spread my wings further. I have made the first steps toward this goal and it looks like I am on track.
  3. To continue with my success in writing teacher resources and children's non-fiction. Who knows, I may even need to start paying tax this year rather than the tax man having to give me a refund. Isn't that kind of sad - my target is to earn enough so I can pay the tax man.

Anyway, I will let you know how I get on as the year progresses.

3 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

i salute your sense of responsibility! if you need any help exercising this sense of loyalty to liqueur chocolate givers, do give me a call!

happy new year, and may good fortune be yours this year!

Absolute Vanilla (& Atyllah) said...

Here's wishing you "dreams come true" - am rooting for you from the sidelines with your fiction writing!

Now pass over a choccie, please! ;-)

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

The choccies are all mine... MINE I tell you!!!

*Stuffs liquers into mouth at alarming rate*

Nands noff!!!

*Chocolate dribbles down chin*