Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NaNoWriMo Update

OK

I finished my NaNoWriMo story with two days to go. It is only 19,364 words. but, that is it the story is finished.

Yes, I am slightly disappointed with myself but, I suppose I acheived my aim in that I have written a brand new story in the time limit allowed, with new characters and quite an exciting plot. Unfortunately it did not reach the word count required to be announced a winner.

I know when I come to edit the story it will probably be a lot less words too.

Ah well, I enjoyed the challenge and will definitely have another go next year.

Thanks to everybody who supported me with encouraging words and an even bigger thanks to Sarah and Evette for taking me out to coffee and letting me bore you to death with the minute details when I got stuck.

5 comments:

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

You honoured the story and got it written and that's what counts. So, well done!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks Nicky

Jez said...

Congrats on finishing the story! As far as I'm concerned that counts for a heck of a lot more than a specific word count. :D

Jez said...

Anita,
I'm doing a quick little survey thing for my blog, interviewing those who participated in NaNoWriMo this year (regardless of if they finished or not). I'd love to hear your responses to these questions. If you're interested email me at lyokofans at yahoo dot com

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Cool Jez,
I'll be in touch.
Anita