Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wise Words



Today someone very special to me said:

"If you always do things for nothing, you will always be at the start."

I think these are very Wise Words, which I felt compelled to share.

Yes, I have often done a lot of things for nothing - usually for the enjoyment I get out of doing them. It is true you have to start somewhere. But, it is also true, you cannot work for nothing all your life as you will never be considered a professional.

So thank you David Brown for your words of inspiration. I have taken them to heart.

8 comments:

Lisa Booth said...

Very wise words! i totally agree - hence why i have put on my myspace i would like a donation for any review that is written by me! i have been writing music reviews for over a year now for free and tbh i do wish of recieving at least something for my review even just a fiver!! or a free gig ticket! but then when i write live reviews i get in for free so at least the live reviews are worth my while!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Great idea Lisa,
Now we are entering the world of the professionals.
Do you think I need to wear a leather jumpsuit and carry a gun?
Anita

Atyllah said...

Those are very wise words indeed, Anita, and I think I need to take them on board too!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Nicky,

I haven't heard from you for ages. How's it going? What are you up to? What are you writing now?

Anita

Wilf said...

Absolutely, wise one.
Addy
P.S. Could you let me know Penny Rossell's e-mail please!!

Candy Gourlay said...

yes. a leather jumpsuit. a gun's vulgar though. how about an egg beater and a rubber band? subtle. obscure.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hey Candy,

Now that just sounds kinky. Are you sure it's children's books your writing?

Maybe I'll wear the leather jumpsuit on the 21st. Oh dear! Where do you put the egg beater and the rubber band? I've got no pockets!

So, then again maybe I wont.

Anita xxx

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Addy,
I'll email you her address and email her you want to know it.
Hope you manage to get in contact soon.
Anita