Friday, February 23, 2007

SCBWI Professional Series


Yesterday, I went into London to, amongst other things, attend the first of this years SCBWI professional series. Pamela Johnson gave us an excellent masterclass on novel writing. I had a wonderful time and met up with a load of my friends. It was wonderful to meet everyone again and to meet some new people too, whose names I have seen on Wordpool and teh SCBWI forum.
The venue this year is the Theodore Bullfrog Pub near Charing Cross. It was ideal. I am looking forward to the next meeting in April.

6 comments:

Wilf said...

Just got back! It was lovely to see you, Anita! I really enjoyed the evening and was only sorry I had to fly off at the end. Are you going to the agents' party?
Addy

Sue Eves said...

Hi! Me again, nipping over from my blog! It was good to see you again. I like meeting in the pub, it's close to the tube and I can think and drink!
Sue x

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Addy,
Yes, I am going to the agents party. Looking forward to it. Wasn't Pamela Johnson an excellent speaker? She gave some brilliant advice. I feel motivated to get out the novels that have come to grinding halts and give them bump starts now. Although, I will do as I'm told and only concentrate on one at a time.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Sue,
Totally agree about the venue. I gave up alcohol for six weeks after the New Year and I spent most of those six weeks very ill. I'm never giving up alcohol again. I need it to fight off the infections. So thinking and drinking are a fantastic way to spend an evening and meet my medicinal goals.

Ellie said...

This is an interesting concept, thinking and drinking, and drinking to fight infections. When I thought about it I was reminded of this verse in the Bible, 1 Timothy 5:23, it says like this: No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities. Thanks for the reminder.

Your class sounded really interesting too.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Wow! See, I knew I was right about the alcohol.