Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Society of Authors’ Educational Writers Group

I am a member of the Society of Authors’ Educational Writers Group and today, I am going to the January Forum. This is where members are able to discuss issues specific to writing educational resources in an informal atmosphere over a glass of wine.

Unfortunately, as I am not drinking until the 14th February, I will have to forego the wine. This is because I have made a pact with my husband not to drink for six weeks. The plan is to lose the weight we put on over Christmas. I have found it very difficult and I’m glad I’ve only got four weeks left of this self-imposed abstinence.

I am going into London by train into Paddington and then underground. I have to leave at 4:30pm to ensure I get there for a 6:30pm start. The trains coming home are the problem. I usually don’t get in until gone midnight. Anyway, I will let you know how my meeting goes and if we discussed anything interesting.

4 comments:

Atyllah said...

Hope you have a good time, Anita, no wine notwithstanding.

BTW, a good way to lose weight is to go no carbohydrates after lunchtime and if you can't managed that, then definitely no carbs after 4pm. Helps to cut down or cut out sugar too.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Yes, I had a great time. There were several interesting discussions that I hope to write up for my blog.

As for giving up alcohol. I may have cheated slightly. I was given several boxes of liquer chocolates for Christmas that I have been nibbling at. So I have not really gone cold turkey.

And have no idea why I'm still not losing the weight.

Atyllah said...

Chortle, hmmm, no idea why you're not losing weight whilst nibbling liqueur choccies...
;-)

Looking forward to the write up of the discussions.

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

We discussed a lot of things, so I thought I would write up one topic at a time over the next few weeks.

Now, I think I'll try the Irish Cream one. Yum!