Friday, January 19, 2007

Conference for Children’s Non-Fiction

We discussed several issues at the EWG January Forum that were specifically pertinent to writers of children's non-fiction texts. But, I think the most interesting and exciting topic was the suggestion of a children's non-fiction conference.

The packaging company, Bender Richardson and White, www.brw.co.uk plan to organise a conference specifically for children’s non-fiction writers. At the moment they are looking into speakers and ideas for finance. The aim of the conference would be open doors to a wider range children’s non-fiction markets, including writing for international markets.

This has been such a neglected area for so long that I really hope that it becomes a reality and a regular occurance. The conference may take place in Winchester, which is only a 45 minute drive for me.

I await in eager anticipation.

2 comments:

Wilf said...

Why not submit something as a speaker?!
Addy

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Well, I was asked but, I do not consider myself to be experienced enough. I'm really just a beginner. i did suggest several people who would be suitable though.
Thanks for the confidence boost.
Love Anita