Thursday, January 11, 2007

Book Reviews


As I have been telling you all a bit more about myself and my writing this year I thought I may as well continue with this theme.

Last month I became a reviewer of children’s books for the newly re-launched website: Write Away, aimed at teachers, student teachers and school librarians.

Write Away is a recommended resource on many teacher training courses. They also organise writer’s conferences, sponsored by publishers. There are over 1000 reviews of children’s books and teacher resources on the site already. They also have some brilliant articles and interviews with children’s authors. For more information take a look at: www.writeaway.org.uk

Before I became a reviewer for Write Away, I had already had some previous experience of reviewing children’s books. I have even been sent books by publishers to review on my Blog. See: Book Review – Pick Me Up

If you would specifically like to see some of the book reviews I have written for the Write Away site, here are some of the links:

Handwriting Problems in Secondary School

The Scallywags

Horrid Henry’s Christmas Cracker

I hope you like them.

8 comments:

Wilf said...

Nice reviews, Anita - concise and telling.
Addy

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks again Addy,
Im really enjoying doing the reviews. I think it is also helping me to develop my critiquing skills.
Best wishes
Anita

Wilf said...

Have you seen the latest, 'Writer's News'? There is a section called markets and the focus this time is the education market...
Addy

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Hi Addy,
Yes, I saw that. Most of them I'm already writing for. Did you also see the bit about my friend Lynne winning £75,000 on Deal or No Deal? I make her website you know.
Anita

Wilf said...

Fantastic! I didn't know that. Well done her and you!
Addy

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

If ever you want a website, I offer very reasonable prices. Take a look at www.sunrisewebs.info to see a list the other sites I've made.
Anita

Lis said...

EXCELLENT! The Horrid Henry's review is great, Keep it up!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

I've really enjoyed writing them and have some more in the pipeline