I have re-evaluated my goals and aspirations and made a short list of what I would like to achieve in 2007.
- Attend the SCBWI Professional Series 2007 - I only managed about about two last year, as most clashed with family events and birthdays.
- Write more articles and short stories and have them published - I made a lot of new contacts last year and was able to extend my CV but, let a lot of the original publications I had work published already lapse, which was probably a mistake. I need to contact them and get my foot back in the door, so to speak.
- Find an agent / publisher for my children's fiction - I failed miserabley at this one. Not due to lack of determination.
- Keep going with the sequel to my children's novel for 9-11 year olds. I have let this lapse too, due to deadlines and other work commitments with my teacher resources I am writing.
- Continue writing teacher resources. I did very well at this last year and may have found my niche. I hope to continue writing teacher resources over 2007. I have now written and had published eight books and have got commissions for one more already to be written in 2007 and got fingers crossed for a few more that I'm waiting for replies on proposals. But, I never reached my target. My aim was to have ten books by the end of 2006 (five books a year).
- Stop wasting so much time. I have to concentrate on one task at a time and not get distracted.
So, do I feel successful? A little bit. I suspect I will never truly feel like I've hit the big time.
Anyway, I wish you all a productive 2007 and may all your wishes come true.
Love Anita xxx