Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Caerleon Update


Hi All,

Had a brilliant time at Caerleon, as normal, and I highly recommend the event to anyone who is serious about becoming a writer. I love the informal atmosphere. Here are some pictures of me and my friends:


Maureen and Ian
Howard

Beth



Irene and Lynne in the bookroom



Me on the balcony

The highlight of the week was listening to, rescuing and talking to the male voice choir, in the bar on the Thursday evening.

The most important thing I learnt was to be more confident and create a more confident / competent persona. Apparently, I have to tell myself I am brilliant and eventually I might believe it. I think I need to work on this a bit more. Lynne has sent me a book to help me - Be Your Own Life Coach by Fiona Harrold. I'll let you know if it helps.

I plan to write up some of my notes for anyone who is interested and will post them up over the next few weeks.

Went straight from Caerleon, camping in North Devon and that was fun too. We had fairly good weather and walked from Lynton to the Valley of the Rocks. There were some spectacular views. Here are some pictures:





Doone Valley

Lynmouth Beach





Castle Rock in the Valley of the Rocks
Me on the bridge at Malmsmead
As you can see, it is beautiful. I love the mountains and walking over the rocks on the beach. Got a few ideas for my fictional blog on Moira. If you have not read this yet I suggest you take a look at:

2 comments:

Jude said...

Definitely interested in hearing some more, Anita.

Wilf said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad you had such a great time and I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it.
Addy