Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fictional Blogs

Yesterday, I started a new blog. It is a fictional blog and I've created a character Moira Miller who is eleven years old. Take a look at it:

http://moiramiller.blogspot.com/

This new blog was inspired by fellow writer, Wordpool and SCBWI memeber, Addy Farmer, who has been writing a fictional blog for ages. Her blog is about a boy called Wilf. You can see Addy's blog at:

http://www.wilfowletthall.blogspot.com/

Addy has also started a new Yahoo group for fictional bloggers. If you are interested in joining or just want to take a look the link is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fictionalbloggers/?yguid=169169616

Now, I don't know how I'll get on with my fictional blog, as I probably wont get to fill it out every day. Blogging does tend to take up a lot of time, when I should be working. However, it has got me thinking about a new book based on the character of Moira Miller. I'm making it up as I go along, so it will be interesting to see how she develops. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Nicky said...

Hi Anita
I think Moira is proving to be a really interesting and strong character. You've captured aspects of personality and conflict really well and I'm keen to see where you will take this - there seem to be multiple possibilities. I look forward to more!

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

Thanks Nicky.

Due to time and other commitments I have not been able to continue with her as frequently as I would have liked.

I think your idea of writing several days in advance is a good one, which I will try. It might also help to plot out what I actually want to happen, as facing a blank slate each day is proving to be difficult.

I like Atylla the Hen by the way and plan to put a link from Moira's blog.
http://www.atyllahthehen.blogspot.com/

Anita

Wilf said...

Ace, Anita-thanks! So what have you done for Mara??
Addy

Anita Marion Loughrey said...

I wrote a littel story about a girl learning to ride a bike for Mara but, she rejected it. I was very disappointed.
Anita